First is a tag from Naomi’s blog Montgomery Love. I haven’t discussed L.M.M. much here to date, but she’s definitely one of my favorite authors so I set to work most happily on the tag.
~ What is your favourite Montgomery book? The Blue Castle. There are pros and cons, but it’s definitely my favorite.
~ What is your least favourite? Pat of Silverbush.
~ Who's your favourite character (of any book) and why? Some of my favorites are from the short stories, but for a full length one—Barney Snaith. And because...(hem!)...well, because he's quite utterly and simply himself.
~ Why do you like Montgomery's books? Altogether her stories can be such a wonderful dose of sweetness while her descriptive passages are rich—often refreshing—and always thoroughly amazing.
~ Share your favourite Montgomery (or one of her heroines etc.) quote(s): There being several hundred possible selections, I’ll go with the first two springing to mind (both from Anne of the Island):
“‘Of all sad words of tongue or pen the saddest are it might have been,’” quoted Priscilla tragically, lifting the cushion. “This cake is now what you might call a flat failure…”
“Long after Pacifique’s gay whistle had faded into the phantom of music and then into silence far up under the maples of Lover’s Lane Anne stood under the willows, tasting the poignant sweetness of life when some great dread has been removed from it. The morning was a cup filled with mist and glamor. In the corner near her was a rich surprise of new-blown, crystal-dewed roses. The trills and trickles of song from the birds in the big tree above her seemed in perfect accord with her mood.”
~ What's your favourite costume of one of the movies? I love the late Victorian/Edwardian styles in the Anne movies and most particularly all the white ensembles, but my absolute favorite—the dress that started me off with a love of historical fashion at the early age of seven or so—is Diana’s peach going-away dress:
~ Do you like, love or adore her books/movies/style/you-know? I do have to be careful how much I read all at once (or internally I tend to go a little too mushy)—but, in short, I absolutely love it!!!
…and this is practically perfect romance…
And Joanna (from her blog The Squirrel’s Diary) tagged me with the Liebster Award! So here are my answers to her questions:
1. Favorite book of the Bible ~ I actually purposefully try not to pick a favorite, but I do end up reading Ecclesiastes and some of Paul’s letters over a lot.
2. Favorite part of Christmas ~ Christmas music—in many wonderful and delightful ways, shapes, and forms.
3. Milk or dark chocolate ~ Dark.
4. Least favorite movie and why ~ One least liked and (I think) little known selection is The Story of Seabiscuit starring Shirley Temple. It was based on the real story of the racehorse and (as there is a difference between artistic license and a disregard of facts) we found it disappointing. Even as a story in it’s own right it was much less than we’d hoped for. Much less. There were some problems with character development and…yes, well…you see I have some issues with it.
5. Favorite actor/actress ~ I have a lot of favorites, but two classic ones are:
and Jane Powell.
6. Ketchup or mustard ~ Ketchup.
7. Ever been outside the US ~ Yes. Canada several times!
8. Dogs or cats ~ About equally.
9. Least favorite food ~ I’m not much of a soup person.
10. Favorite beauty product ~ Calcium (actually)—by a topical application. :)
Thanks again for the tag, Joanna!