1. What period dramas did you view in April & May?
Let's see.... Among a couple more here and there, The Music Man 2003 (hoping to have a review coming soon! :)), parts of The Slipper and the Rose, Little Women 1978 (which I quite loved and can't wait to see again), Pride & Prejudice '95, The Magic of Ordinary Days on a 'ladies afternoon' with a friend, and The Thin Man Goes Home.
2. Do you prefer to watch period dramas that have a happy ending or a bittersweet ending?
I prefer the ending to be thoroughly happy, but (thinking about it) I do love it when everything's tied together so well that the ending is tinged with echoes of all the deep places the characters have been. So that can lend itself to a thoughtful bitter sweetness at times.
3. What media forms do you prefer to use when watching period dramas (i.e. purchased DVDs, rented/borrowed DVDs, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu)?
At the moment I really like purchased dvd's, but I prefer viewing something before purchasing so I (generally) watch a given movie/tv series via the library first.
4. Which period drama character's wardrobe would you like to own?
Ohhh... slightly modified in a few areas, of course (i.e. the necklines), but at the moment I'll say Cinderella 2015.
5. What period dramas are you looking forward to viewing in June 2016?
Well I just watched Song of the Thin Man (#6 in the series and also starring Keenan Wynn) twice this month with different combinations of siblings and as I'd really been wanting to see that one I'm feeling pretty satisfied. :)
|(FYI, these screencaps have all been colorized differently. The movie itself is b/w.)|
|And this one's not from the movie, but it's too fun not to put on. ;)|