Monday, June 3, 2019

New blog! (And bookish related details...)


Hi y'all!

Can ye all believe it's already June?!?!? Anyhow, new month, new idea in my little blogosphere here. Actually, it's one I've had percolating for a long time, but reading and reviewing this recently pushed me into the action zone.

So! Now for the idea itself. (And btw, this in no way affects anything about Along the Brandywine here, which'll hopefully keep on its merry way with posts on any and all topics as time and inspiration coincide.)

First a C.S. Lewis quote:

“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story.” C.S. Lewis

I've long felt that picture books don't always get their due. In addition, since there's so many, they could have the unfortunate effect of overrunning a blog devoted to other things as well. Hence, I've started a new blog solely to share excellent books for little people! (Well, actually it's for anyone and everyone.)

As we go along I plan to expand the site and also the selections to chapter books, YA fiction, etc, etc. Oh, and the focus is also on good read-alouds. It's all very relaxed, but I definitely have high hopes to see where it goes. Finally and in general (at least starting out) they'll be ones we particularly love -- just cause those're the things we really love raving about and can't wait to share.

Now... *drumroll please* HERE'S THE LINK. (I'm not even gonna spill the beans on the blog title, cause I can't wait to hear what you think. ;) Also, be sure to hit the "Read More" button on the main page. I'm super excited about the blog layout, but as always let me know if you have any issues with it, etc. Definitely want to make sure it's user friendly!)

So there ye go! If you're interested in short, simple, uncluttered reviews check it out, and if you like the looks of it be sure and follow for more.

I hope you're all having a lovely day! The sun is out here, the roses are literally spilling out in full bloom across my living room window, the parakeets are napping in the sunshine and my little buddy is napping with the fan on, so I'm gonna go get a sandwich and tackle more laundry. ;)

Happy June!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds exciting, Heidi! And I love that last paragraph: makes me feel like I'm there with you. 😊💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! Huzzah for children's picture books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken a look at the secret new site! It looks good and I hope to see more fun posts!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...