Thursday, August 21, 2014

Western trip pictures #1: Visiting Cantigny

Some of you have been asking about seeing pictures from my big trip in July! Without more ado, here’s the first installment (with a couple posts to follow). Do enjoy! :-)


Beginning, we had lunch at a park in St. Louis before going to the train station (en route stopping to watch some trapeze artists in a parking lot).


Destination reached, I spent a delightful week with cousins—which included some shopping with Grandma and lots and lots and lots of flower pictures (I’m sure you’ll be seeing more of these in the future). Here are a few from the first flower excursion: 









She took me to Cantigny (the estate of Robert McCormick). Some more flowers…








It was all gorgeous beyond description! And I love touring old housesso that was tremendously fun and interesting. (Pemberly, anyone?)


My lunch! (A delicious Panini with chicken and pesto)






An “Ellen” rose (for which I’m always on the lookout)





12 comments:

  1. Somehow your trip reminds me of Elizabeth Bennet having her uncle and aunt taking her on a tour. And visiting old big houses... heehee.
    Sounds like you had a great time, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi,
      I was laughing about this... :-) It did to me, too! ;-) And yes, it was all quite and entirely splendid.

      Delete
  2. PICTURES! Very, very lovely. Especially the flower pictures. You'd think I'd get tired of looking at photos of flowers, or of taking photos of flowers, but nope. Never do.

    What's special about "Ellen" roses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I got them up!!! ;-) And I'm so glad you liked the flowers!

      The "Ellen" roses figure into my first book. Right from the beginning (when I first began it years ago) they were pretty much a symbol of the heroine--and stayed firmly so all the way through numerous edits to the finish line! But it's often hard to find exactly what I was envisioning when I wrote it. Hence my excitement whenever I do! :-)

      Delete
    2. Aha! That makes complete sense :-)

      Delete
  3. Those are lovely flowers! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed them, Heidi! And yes, it was pretty amazing... :-)

      Delete
  4. Again, beautiful pictures! Is that Queen Anne's Lace I see - in pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! :-) If you're asking about the fifth picture...I think it's Sweet William. Isn't it lovely?

      Delete
    2. I am just now getting around to responding to this - sorry! Not sure where my head has been these past few days. :-p Sweet William, it's beautiful!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...