Hello all you dear and lovely peoples! Our Grand Cinderella party is now Officially Underway and it all promises to be marvelously exciting.
Now for all the Official Party Business.
#1: How it works
#2: Further blogathon details
I'm simply floored to have so many wonderful friends sharing this week and soooo excited to see your posts soon!! Also, if you're just arriving, you're absolutely welcome to jump in and join us. (Again, to see more and verify any details, you can visit my original post HERE with all the titles, etc. -- and feel free to ask lots of questions.)
Important: when you complete any posts (reviews, your tag answers, etc.), paste your direct post links back here in a comment on this kick-off post as I'll be posting a grand link-up at the end of the week.
#3: Our tag questions
(And note: if you DON'T have a blog, you can fill your answers out in the comments section and use this post url to enter the giveaway. :))
Cinderella Party Tag:
1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella?
2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats?
4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback?
5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/s?
6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :)
7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince?
8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations).
9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations).
10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like?
11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella?
#4: Cinderella Giveaways
My friend, Hamlette, is running an incredibly generous and absolutely beautiful giveaway on her blog (I'm still whirling with excitement about her prizes) so be sure to hop right over and check them out!! ;D Her giveaway post is HERE.
And... following are the items I'm giving away here on The Brandywine! Due to region, the first two items are US and Canada only. The last item/s (handmade by my sister Arwen!) are open worldwide. :)
Cinderella 2015 DVD
Ever After DVD
|(Actual copy may be a newer version)|
Princess beaded bracelets
(Both are done with stretchy elastic cord
and measure about the same size)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
(I included a lot of directions in the Rafflecopter gadget, but again, if you don't have a blog, you can count tag answers filled out in the comments as well as any guest posts.) Also, I can't make promises, but when leaving a comment, list your prize choices in order of preference and I'll do the best I can. ;)