Saturday, June 8, 2024

Inklings // June 2024

Whew! May (and the beginning of June) were absolutely jam-packed here, but I feel like we're right on the edge of hitting our summer stride, so I'm excited about that.

I absolutely loved all your selections for May. <3 If you haven't already, be sure to visit round and see everyone's lovely contributions! Below you will find our June prompt.

Rules:

1. At any time during the month, on your own blog post a scene from a book or film that matches the prompt, including a link back here in your post.

2. Leave a link to your entry in the comments section on this post and I'll post all your links with the next prompt. That's it!

~

May Round-Up:

(prompt: pearls)

Astrya // Pearl translated by J.R.R. Tolkien

Autumn Grace // The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan (1993)

Chloe the MovieCritic // Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

Heidi // The Con (1991)

Ivy Miranda // Julie & Julia (2009)

Lizzie Hexam // The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

Ruth // Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery

~

June's prompt is:

An archery scene in book or film

I feel like we maaaaaay have done this prompt before, but, if so, it would have been on an entirely different blog of mine before Inklings moved over here, and I'm getting in a period drama mood and really want to do the following scene, and it's perfect for this time of year, so we're just gonna do it. XD 

My highlight comes from this memorable scene in Emma (1996). It's still rather funny to me how they used the whole visual of her with the bow and arrow in promotional materials, cover art, etc., almost as if to advertise / hype her up as Cupid or something while the reality -- epitomized by the entirety of this scene -- is so entirely opposite. I mean, I get the point, and it worked, it's just so on-the-nose marketing-wise. xD Oh well, at least the script got it right.) 

And as soon as I started putting this together, I remembered -- not one -- but two other archery scenes in similar-era period dramas alone (well, set within a hundred years of Emma, i.e. The Inheritance and The Young Victoria), but as I haven't reviewed either of those yet, with all their attendant notes and provisos, I'll just stick with this one. :) (Anyone else who wants to go for those, though, feel free! ;)) And yes, overall the '09 is my favorite Emma adaptation, but this remains an epic, beautifully composed scene.

You can watch it here:

~

Have you seen this version of Emma? 

And looking forward to seeing your entries as well -- have fun! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I just finished watching that movie! It's wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While this isn't my top favorite version of Emma either, I do love this scene! I love how their archery match corresponds so closely to their verbal match.

    Here's my entry: https://starlightandsaucepans.org/inklings-june-2024/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good prompt for this month : ) June entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that scene in Emma! "Try not to kill my dogs." always makes me smile.

    Absolutely stellar prompt! You've hit the target, so to speak. Here's my entry for the month:
    https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2024/06/inklings-june-2024.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...