Saturday, May 4, 2024

Inklings // May 2024

And here we are in May. Can you believe it?!? First off, I'm thrilled so many of you were also excited and joined in with our Inklings! If you haven't already, be sure to check out everyone else's wonderful entries below. You'll also find the new prompt for May. 

(My blogger account -- or our firewall, not sure which -- is still acting weird and won't always let me comment on the computer so I have to do it off my phone, which is slightly tricksy, but I'm hoping to come round and leave proper comments on all your lovely contributions asap. <3)

Rules:

1. At any time during the month, on your own blog post a scene from a book or film that matches the prompt, including a link back here in your post.

2. Leave a link to your entry in the comments section on this post and I'll post all your links with the next prompt. That's it!


April Round-Up:

(re a cake)

Astrya // The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Chloe the MovieCritic // Sleeping Beauty (1959)

Heidi // An Old-Fashioned Girl

Housemouse // Big Little Island by Valenti Angelo

Ivy Miranda // Singin' in the Rain (1952)

Lizzie Hexam // Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery

Ruth March // In Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson

~

May's prompt is:

A scene with a pearl necklace in book or film

My brain was spinning with ideas for this one, but ultimately I ended up going with this tried and true scene -- Bertie and Aunt Agatha and the Stolen Pearls during their sojourn at Westcombe-on-Sea in The Con (based in part on the short story Aunt Agatha Takes the Count in The World of Jeeves). It's a climactic moment so I won't divulge too many details, but it's also notable in being one of the few moments (only moment?) when Bertie stands up directly to Aunt Agatha. xD 

An all around classic. 



Full ep here:

~

Looking forward to seeing your entries as well -- have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Eeep, this is one of my most favorite scenes in the entire show (from one of my favorite episodes, too)! Such a hilarious yet satisfying moment. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzie,
      Yay!! So excited to find another Wodehouse fan ! <3 :) And yes, yes indeed. Such a satisfying moment. xD

      Delete
    2. Same! I do so love meeting fellow Wodehousians ;)

      Delete
  2. Here's my entry: https://starlightandsaucepans.org/inklings-may-2024/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, Heidi! Thanks for doing the Inklings posts! I have a contribution! https://autumnwind23472.wixsite.com/shadesofart/post/inklings----may-2024

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I don't think my comment worked the first time. (or maybe it wasn't approved yet. XD)
    Here is my contribution to your challenge. :)
    https://autumnwind23472.wixsite.com/shadesofart/post/inklings----may-2024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn Grace,
      So sorry for the delay *face palm*, somehow I missed the comment notification, but thank you so much for your entry and I'm really looking forward to reading it! <3

      Delete
  5. Here's my entry! https://the-bend-in-the-road.weebly.com/blog/inklings-may-2024

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...