Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Sunshine Blogger Award (and rather a lot of Bertie & Jeeves)


'Ullo 'ullo 'ullo!

Hamlette's very kindly tagged me with the current round of the Sunshine Blogger Award (thank you Hamlette!) so here goes:

1. What movie house would you like to live in?

Oh goodness. This one's kinda impossible cause it all depends what mood I'm in. My ultimate dream castle would be something in the rustic lodge style, but I can't think of any movies that actually have that, so I'll go with Hartford in the '09 Emma. Not the heavy drapes, but I do love the color scheme.




2. What movie pet would you like to own?

Not exactly in the pet category perhaps, but Zorro's mighty steed Toronado.


3. What book do you wish your favorite actor or actress could have starred in an adaptation of?

I don't have a favorite (problem: actually having too many general favorites to be absolutely definitive), but we definitely need a stick-to-the-book-in-all-ways-wherever-possible adaptation of Blue Castle with Michael Fassbender playing Barney. (Why oh why has this not been done yet, peoples??)


4. Are there any movies you like better than the book they were based on?

LOTS. (I know, shocking.) We won't mention any classics, but definitely Magic of Ordinary Days and Shadow on the Mesa (It's been a long time since I flipped through library copies, but both were unreadable and/or had indecent stuff.)


5. What's your favorite movie that's set in the decade you were born in?

Eeesh, tough one. I guess the Back to the Future's.


6. Do you collect movie memorabilia of any sort?

Not much and not specifically movie related, but I have received some lovely things from friends (bookmarks, cushion covers, etc). <3 (Oh, and the Little Princess has quite a few Rapunzel/Tangled/princess-y items.)

(Doesn't really apply to anything but always makes me laugh.
Ok, back on task.) 

7. What actor and actress have never made a movie together, but you wish would have?

I haven't been thinking much on this subject of late, but (as you can tell ;)) I have been rewatching lots of Jeeves and Wooster so... um... maybe Hugh Laurie and... ?? (No, tried really hard and still can't come up with anything.)

Ooh, going into oldies now, but maybe Tyrone Power and Janet Leigh? Yup. On second thought, yes definitely.



8. What director would you like to have direct a movie based on your life?

I'm terrible at paying attention to the all important position of director when the credits roll, but y'all know I love how well all the reticence and deep meaning is captured in the '04 North & South (and, well, just everything about it), so maybe Brian Percival? Just set in the west. ;-)

9. Do you ever like a remake better than the original film?

Yes indeedy. Music Man is the only one I can think of at the moment, but there're others.


10. What's your least-favorite movie genre?

I don't do horror at all, so that makes it any sci-fi/AI in particular/scary futuristic robot stuff.


11. Are there any movies in your least-favorite genre that you do like?

I've only seen it once and don't remember if we skipped through any parts (also I consider Star Trek and Star Wars both science fantasy/fairytale not hardcore sci-fi, hence not counting), but I did end up really liking Surrogates (2009 with Bruce Willis and Rosamund Pike).


Thank you again for the tag Hamlette! Nap time is done and we're off to do laundry now so I don't have any original, intelligent questions for everyone, but if you'd like to answer any of Hamlette's questions on your own blog (or in the comments here) feel free. I'd love to see your answers, so leave a link and below is a fresh copy for cutting and pasting. Have fun!


1. What movie house would you like to live in?
2. What movie pet would you like to own?
3. What book do you wish your favorite actor or actress could have starred in an adaptation of?
4. Are there any movies you like better than the book they were based on?
5. What's your favorite movie that's set in the decade you were born in?
6. Do you collect movie memorabilia of any sort?
7. What actor and actress have never made a movie together, but you wish would have?
8. What director would you like to have direct a movie based on your life?
9. Do you ever like a remake better than the original film?
10. What's your least-favorite movie genre?
11. Are there any movies in your least-favorite genre that you do like?

Oh, and the rules:

List the award’s official rules
Display the award somewhere on your blog
Thank the person who nominated you
Provide a link to your nominator’s blog
Answer your nominator’s questions
Nominate up to 11 bloggers
Ask your nominees 11 questions
Notify your nominees by commenting on at least one of their blog posts


Tinkety tonk!

8 comments:

  1. High-five for agreeing Michael Fassbender must play Barney Snaith.

    Hmmm. Tyrone Power and Janet Leigh. Intriguing! I'm not a huge Janet Leigh fan, though I very much like her Christmas romcom with Robert Mitchum, Holiday Affair. Which is kind of a ridiculously improbable movie, and yet... Robert Mitchum compels me to watch it every Christmas season since I discovered it like 4 years ago.

    All the Jeeves & Woosterness is cracking me up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette,
      Yes absolutely! *high five back*

      Oh, now I guess I need to see Holiday Affair. I am trying to find more Christmas movies...

      Ha ha, so glad to bring a smile to your day! ;-)

      Delete
    2. You are NOT going to believe what I found at the used book store today!!! The very same collection of 4 classic Christmas movies I found Holiday Affair in. So now you know something you're getting for Christmas. I'll be sure to send it early so you have plenty of time to watch it.

      Delete
    3. Hamlette,
      Haha REALLY?!? Woohoo!!! Seriously... you're such a great friend. ;) ~hugs~ Super excited and looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Do you mean that you like the 2003 Music Man better than the 1962 version? I recently saw the 2003 and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movie Critic,
      Yup, that's what I was getting at -- so glad you liked it too! ;)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, fun times!

    The '09 Hartfield is quite inviting, 'tis true. And I'm pretty sure the reason I first watched the remake of The Music Man was because you loved it, hehe. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia,
      Haha. Yeah, well I wouldn't list Music Man as a top favorite at the moment, but then it's been quite a while since I've seen it, so maybe I should look it up again. (And wouldn't enjoy wearing them everyday, but gotta still love all those dresses...) Hope you enjoyed it. ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...