It's the beginning of Advent, and I've had lots and lots of thoughts and emotions swirling through my mind these last few weeks, but too much to get out tonight, and I've wanted to start a Christmas tag for a while and think everyone's in need of some good Christmas-tide festivities, so, well, here ye go. ;) <3
Technically the official 12 days of Christmas run through Jan 5th, so feel free to keep tagging people right through the end of the month. I hope it brings some good cheer! :)
1) A favorite Christmas tradition? ~ Baking cookies for friends and neighbors.
2) Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside? ~ Depends on the day. I love being inside looking out at a fresh white, downy, sparkly world. As of this moment, though, the idea of playing in the snow sounds amazing and the Little Princess would love it; so we'd be outside.
3) Tea or hot chocolate? ~ Hot chocolate, preferably with whipped cream.
4) Favorite Christmas colors (i.e. white, blue, silver, gold, red and green etc)? ~ Hmmm, depends on the space and setting... but all of them? If I absolutely had to choose... red and green.
5) Favorite kind of Christmas cookie? ~ Right now I really want to make Russian tea cakes -- those kind of chewy walnuty powdered sugar blobs of cheer.
6) How soon before Christmas do you decorate (also, and more specifically, when does your tree go up)? ~ It's varied, but so far we've stuck with after Thanksgiving. This year I'm thinking of pulling things out one by one through Advent. We do have our tree. I just got all the lights on it this evening and it's lovely. <3
7) Three favorite traditional Christmas carols? ~ Hark the Herald Angels, Joy to the World, What Child Is This.
8) A favorite Christmas song (i.e. something you might hear on the radio)? ~ O Holy Night (yes, I know that's technically more in the carols category, but I don't listen to much radio :p)
9) A favorite Christmas movie? ~ Ooh... *think think think in mental Winnie-the-Pooh voice* I have mixed feelings about it, but come December I do always end up wanting to watch The Gift of Love (1978) with Marie Osmond and Timothy Bottoms. So much so that it's become rather a tradition and I do plan to watch it next week, so maybe it actually tips into a favorites category?
10) Have you ever gone caroling? ~ Yes!
11) Ice skating, sledding, skiing, or snow boarding? ~ Probably... sledding. Though I've gone skating and would love to do it outside and I love watching the other two downhill sports.
12) Favorite Christmas feast dish? ~ My Grammy's butter-and-sugar topped rolls or a potato dish. (Does jello count?)
~ ~ ~
Here's a fresh copy of the questions:
I can't wait to see your answers, and be sure to share these questions and tag as many people as you like to spread some festive Christmas merriment!