*scattering confetti and rosebuds hither and yon*
Come one, come all, our romantic period drama party has officially arrived!
For more details/buttons see the announcement post here, but again, this is for basically anything you can dream up connected to our theme -- film reviews, character studies, general enthusiastic effusions, etc. etc... ;) Also, if you've only seen a handful of period dramas, don't be shy! We'd still love to have your thoughts and insight. :)
More games coming here in the next few days and right now our tag is below for your copying pleasure.
***After posting anything be sure to come back here and leave a link in the comments section on this kick-off post so everyone else can see it.*** I'll also be posting a round-up with everyone's links at the end of the festivities.
Now let us to the party! Hooray, I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!
Valentine's Day Period Drama Tag
1) Your current three (or up to five!) favorite period dramas?
2) What would you recommend to someone who’s never seen a period drama as a starter?
3) A favorite couple that wouldn’t be included in answer #1 (cause I’m figuring those are already top favorites ;)) and/or a favorite secondary character romance?
4) What do you consider foundational qualities for a healthy romance?
5) Worst villain/antagonist?
6) A favorite proposal scene?
7) Favorite period drama characters based on a real life couple?
8) Any classic b/w period dramas you like?
9) Most mature romance in a period drama? (mature as in age and/or characters who are consciously and wisely ripened by life experience, etc.)
10) Most excruciatingly long, slow burn romance in a period drama?
11) A story that has multiple film adaptations where you love more than one of them?
12) A book you think needs to be made into a film (or a new adaptation)?