Thursday, August 27, 2020

Publicizing a party of special magnificence & other highly exciting things

*rubbing my hands in delicious anticipation for all these announcements....* 

First, Hamlette's hosting her annual Tolkien blog party next month! It's always a marvelous time, so be sure to check it out.

(I think I'm going to try and contribute a post on the regal ladies in LOTR, so lots of brainstorming to do yet.) Visit her post for all the details and more great buttons.

And as you've probably already gathered by now, I'm hosting a LOTR read along beginning September 28th. (I'm so excited!) The whole idea is to keep it very fun and relaxed and refreshing. (Note: if you do want to join in that and/or read the posts, make sure to follow over there too as technically it's a separate blog.)

Finally, this might seem a little out of left field (what with all the Tolkien-y stuff), but I've had an itch of late to watch some more classic musicals, so I'm thinking of hosting a blogathon in early November, specifically for Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire films (I thought highlighting those two would both narrow down the category and also give plenty of options). I can post more details later, but let me know if you're interested!


Meanwhile, iffen you feel so inclined to share any (or all!) of these buttons, it'd be splendid and much appreciated. ;D Thank you so much and ta ta for now!

 ~

Would you like to read Lord of the Rings? What are your thoughts on my plot re a classic musicals blogathon?

2 comments:

  1. *heart eyes*

    (P.S. I'm always up for a musical blogathon! I don't know that I'd have that much to contribute if it was specifically about Kelly or Astaire shows, but still. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia,
      Oh good! Welllll... I did already make buttons (just still figuring out when to announce it properly), so going with still narrowing it down to the two, but they each have a lot of options that're pretty easy to get hold of/different stories so hopefully you could find something fun to check out and maybe post on! (My reasoning too was that this way maaaaaybe it'd be a repeat type event with the option to focus on different themes each time? I don't know... Anyhow, hopefully it'll work. ;p)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...