Saturday, November 7, 2020

Singin' in the Rain // Lina's Dazzling Wardrobe

Let's jump right in, shall we?

At the premier for the Royal Rascal, we have this incredible combination of shimmering silver fringe, white fur, and buttercream. Not to mention the gorgeous headpiece. Definitely one of my favorites! 

A later shot from the party so we can admire how the fringe drapes.

During the flashback, we get this moment, which is the only time we see her in a deep crimson red -- and also with gold accents, which is interesting. Generally she's wearing more silver.

And then this pink satin and black lace ensemble, coordinated right down to her heels, and worn while sitting outside her medieval-ish boudoir/make-up tent etc.

(I'm still very curious how that all possibly fits together with the whole outdoor setting and exploding Civil War shed scene that Don apparently just shot, but I guess that's part of the whole joke. XD)

Another top favorite. Obviously. <3 

Though I am a little confused. Every other time I've seen this my impression was that it was pink (as it appears later). Did they switch something out? But that doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense... It must just be the difference in the filming lights, etc. in the different scenes. Does it appear peachy/orange in this scene on anyone else's monitor?

It does seem slightly pinker in this shot from the same scene.

Her harlequin outfit from the scene with the diction instructor.  

Here she's wearing what appears to be one of those previously advertised monkey fur coats, looking very incognito indeed. But just look at that detailing on her sleeve.

I very much like this one. 


The color combo is so classy and again, look at all the wave detailing!

Ahh! And here it looks properly pink! Either way it's a perfectly marvelous confection, isn't it? So dainty and pretty and elegant and lacy and sparkly and lovely -- like something straight out of a picture book. 

GOOOOORGEOUS, isn't it?!?


And what do you think of this mustard brown and royal purple combination? 


I can't decide whether it's crazy or stunning. Your thoughts?

This mauve pink ensemble is just... wow. It's like a walking orchid. The hat reminds me of something, but I can't quite think what... something out of Mary Poppins? And then there's the voluptuous dyed ermine fur wrap. 

I do think the wide cascading scoop layers on the skirt and sleeves are very striking. 

Finally, come the climax scene, we have this gown: all gray and silver and sparkles and ruching and feathery fluff galore. 

Also with hints of a peacock, which ties in with plot developments (and personally I love peacocks 'just because' anyway so that makes me like it even more). Generally I'm not a fan of high low hemlines, but this dress is the exception to the rule. 

Stunning! It's firmly one of my favorite top three here (along with the first one and her 17th century shepherdess style dress). Can you just imagine sweeping around in all that fluffiness, with all those sparkles??

~

So there you have it! What are your favorites of all these? I'd love to hear in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Lena's style matched her over-the-top personality so well! My favorite outfit is her premiere/after party dress. Just decadence and elegance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy Miranda,
      Yes, indeed!! I think that one is close to being my top favorite too. It's just so gorgeous.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...