Thursday, November 5, 2020

With Glamour & Panache // Our fall musicals blogathon has arrived!


What ho everyone! (Still in a Bertie & Jeeves mood, as you can see. But seriously, it's pretty much the ticket round here these days, what with everything going on in the great wide world.)

And in that spirit we're gonna forge ahead with our little musicals celebration!

For more ideas/specifications you can see the announcement post HERE. The event runs right the way through Saturday and -- for those of you I know who are already planning things -- I'm so looking forward to your posts :D, and if anyone's on the fence about participating, we'd be dee-lighted to have you jump in and join us! Be sure to leave a link for your post/s in the comments section here so everyone can see them and I'll also be putting up an official roster when we're all done. I think that's it, but let me know if you have any other questions I happened to forget.

Now let's dance!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Heidi! Here's my entry, it was lots of fun to write and I can hardly wait to read the other entries!

    https://cabdriversandcoffeepots.blogspot.com/2020/11/gene-kelly-and-judy-garland-shine-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you put a clip from my favorite movie of all time!!! <3 I'm so excited for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is my review! Thanks for hosting this, Heidi!:
      https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2020/11/movie-review-silk-stockings-1957.html

      Delete
  3. Got my list of 10 favorite Gene Kelly musicals posted here this evening :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heidi,

    Here is my Fred Astaire article: https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2020/11/07/film-fashion-friday-30-fred-astaires-lucky-attire-in-swing-time-from-1936/. I will publish my review of "Summer Stock" tomorrow.

    Yours Hopefully,

    Tiffany Brannan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Heidi,

    This is my second article: https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2020/11/07/100-new-code-films-87-summer-stock-from-1950-gene-and-the-lady-farmer/. Thank you!

    Yours Hopefully,

    Tiffany Brannan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Heidi! Here's my post: https://takinguproom.wordpress.com/2020/11/07/second-chorus/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I'm so late to the party Heidi, but I've only found the time to catch up now! I must say, though, I watched that clip and reinstated my love for tap dancing! I've only learnt basics but already watching that I can see all the mini moves within the overall dance and it's so incredibly impressive, haha! My dream would to be able to be in a musical like that and actually dance JUST LIKE THAT! SO MUCH FUN. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to further confabulation. Please just be courteous to one and all. Oh, and I love thoughts on old posts, so comment away!

(Also of late -- what with time being finite, and Life Happening + managing multiple blogs and computer issues and all that -- I sometimes have to alternate between creating new content and replying to comments, but rest assured I'm thrilled to hear from each and every one of you and always hope to reply thoughtfully in full ASAP. <3)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...